Have a look at my new range of silk flowers at http://www.prestigebotanicals.com
Aren’t the latest design trends of combining fresh, dried and silk flowers amazing? To be honest, it’s not really NEW because I remember this look from years ago. The trend-setter of this floral look, actually belongs to Constance Spry. In the 40 & 50’s she was the one who said ‘the difference between a weed and a flower is merely a matter of opinion’. She also could not understand why foliage’s, grasses, seed heads, nuts and berries found in/on the hedgerow or side of the road couldn’t be incorporated into floral designs. Textural qualities are everywhere and if you want to add visual interest to an arrangement, I say – JUST DO IT! Use whatever takes your fancy?
Things to gather:
- I used an old bark basket.
- You don’t need foam, because all forms will be placed to give the impression and illusion of being just being picked.
- Whatever dried seed heads, grasses, berries, dried flowers you can find.
From Prestige Botanicals I used:
- 3 Lavender English Rose: https://bit.ly/LavenderEnglishRose
- 3 Lavender Mauve English Rose: https://bit.ly/LavenderMauveEnglishRose
- 1 Eucalyptus Gum: https://bit.ly/EucalyptusGum
- 2 Black raspberry: https://bit.ly/BlackRaspberry16
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/astarsplace
Go to http://www.astarsplace.co.nz for more!